Phase: Completed Spring 2017
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Size: 13,900 SF (Office)
Project Architect: Kahler Slater
Founded in 1924, Milsco has undoubtedly set the standard of excellence in their industry. Deeply rooted in Milwaukee’s history, this company has stayed local for 85 years, hand crafting seating solutions used by some of the world’s most recognizable brands including Harley Davidson and John Deere. Recently purchased by Milwaukee-based Jason Inc., this worldwide seating company had outgrown their existing space and required a new home, ready for full operation in less than five months.
Our initial challenge was to reconstruct the entry which would focus on connecting the reception area and "Company History" walls to the offices and on through to the sewing lab, warehouse and manufacturing areas. Marked by a resurfaced concrete floor, the design took care to incorporate the re-use of many recycled elements from previous projects. The new office areas spaciously positions over 65 employees with open collaboration spaces and several conference rooms. The glass entry allows clients an immediate glimpse into the rich tradition and local spirit of Milsco.